Monday, January 31, 2011

CHA, CHA, CHA... Winter 2011... #1 of 2 posts

 
My "Anna" layout using the new "Le Cirque" line by Graphic 45... looks good in the booth, huh... ;-)

YES, I am still working on updating WOOOOO HOOOOO!

SORRY, that I have not posted for a bit... I have been scrapping like CRAZY for the show and have been working on my weight loss... see "Becoming My Husband's Girlfriend..."

BUT... I have some fun photos from CHA!  I was lucky enough to have Graphic 45 offer me a day pass to come see the show, so, OF COURSE I said, "YES!"  I haven't been to CHA since I worked the Rusty Pickle booth at Winter CHA 2009!  That was a FUN show... meeting retailers from around the world... meeting "cyber" friends in person including the Tally Scrapper group and Miss Becky Conley... AND getting invited to the Creating Keepsakes lunch with magazine editors and contributors... ahhhhhhhhhh... ((( sorry... snapping out of happy memory mode )))...

What a COOL way to display the designers for Graphic 45... LOVE IT!  THAT'S me... top left...
So, I have a few main thoughts to share with you from the show... first, the size of the show.  This might not be very PC, but I would be remiss if I didn't comment on the EXTREME decline in the number of exhibitors at the show.  I know the economy over the past few years has made a big dent in the Craft and Hobby industry, but I had NO IDEA that the dent was more like a MASSIVE SINK HOLE!  Two years ago, it took me TEN MINUTES to walk (at a brisk pace) from one side of the show to the other!  I am talking about the entire CHA show, not just the scrapbooking section, but still, 10 MINUTES.  This year, we almost saw the entire show in 8 hours...  I don't know what the numbers are to compare apples to apples, but the change in two years was shocking!  
Graphic 45 - Me, Gloria, Charee, Diane, Jane...
However, it is AWESOME to see my favorites still around... of course, including the awesome Graphic 45... as one other manufacturer told me... "Graphic 45 is now the STANDARD that we are all trying to reach..."  WOW!

You will have to wait for the rest of my post... that is it for tonight.  Have a GREAT Night and Happy Scrappy Dreams!

1 comment:

Pamela Ann said...

I love catching up on you! Beautiful work!