Friday, August 13, 2010

Project 365...Dad, Zeus, and a Bird...

This past weekend was my Aunt Sarah's 58th birthday... the family had a surprise party for her... it was an afternoon of good food, happy tears, pool time, and animals...

My Dad loves lots of things... first... my Mom... second... my sister, me, the son-in-laws and the grandkids... then there are the frogs, turtles, butterflies and fish...


... my Aunt Sarah and Uncle Dave have a 10 year old African Spurred Tortoise named, "Zeus..."  He is an AMAZING creature... he has grown SO MUCH in the past few years... he can RUN like you wouldn't expect from a tortoise... and he EATS... A... TON!  Once the party started, Zeus decided to join in and Dad took the opportunity to hand feed him.


Aunt Sarah and Uncle Dave also have several birds... I don't really know which came first, their love of birds, or their son, Steven's love of birds... before Steven left for college and beyond, he had a TON of birds in a home aviary... long story short, Aunt Sarah and Uncle Dave still have 2 birds... "George" and "Elsie"... She is a white Umbrella Cockatoo with a wicked sense of humor. Anna and Jeff played with her a bit... and she played a bit with Jeff's glasses...


It was a WONDERFUL afternoon with the family!  LOVE YOU GUYS!  Make it a GREAT day!

No comments: