Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Can't Believe he is 18...

9 months old...

18 years ago right now was supposed to be my first day of 3 weeks off of work for my pre-delivery maternity leave... I had SOOOO much to do to prepare for the arrival of our 2nd child... but around 3AM, I felt my water start "leaking."  We were living in Hesperia at the time (90 miles away from work, our doctors and the hospital in Orange County) so we decided that I better drive down to Mom and Dad's house and see what the day might bring.  Around 10AM (right now), we arrived at Mom and Dad's and decided we better leave 2-year-old Jessica with them and go get checked by the doctor.  Sure enough, we were admitted and delivery day began!
2 months old...

I SERIOUSLY can not believe that my baby boy is 18-years-old already... just can't believe it!  My cute little toehead... my cuddler... my goofball... my sensitive one... my athlete... my pain in the butt... the one we cheer for, laugh with, yell at, support and love... is 18... ((( sigh )))...

First day of Kindergarten

Easter 2002... age 10...

Caribbean Cruise in 2006... age 14...

Lake Arrowhead, before mountain bike race... 2010... age 17...

Mom, Aunt Sarah (birthday gal) and Chris... 2 days ago...


Happy Birthday, Chris!!!  We love you!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Awww...you gave me chills just reading this and looking at the progressive photos. I have one getting ready to turn 16 and it blows me away how fast it all happens.