Saturday, November 13, 2010

Project 365 - Pumpkin Hunting...


Every year, we drive out to Bates Nut Farm for our traditional "Pumpkin Patch" day. We have our annual routine... park... walk over to the farm to see the animals... wait for Daddy to buy some corn at the store to feed to the animals... try to feed the animals (which are already stuffed from all of the other kids also trying to feed the animals)... walk up to the store to buy some yummy fresh nuts... get in line for a freshly grilled burger, can of soda and bag of chips (don't forget the grilled onions!)... swat at several hundred bees (or in my case, RUN from several hundred bees) while you are eating lunch... walk past the blue grass band playing live music... stop for a few minutes so Daddy can enjoy the band... walk through the game/ride area (decide the lines are TOOOO long)... head to the pumpkin patch to choose the most sincere pumpkin (Charlie Brown reference)... TORTURE Anna by making her pose for a minimum of 100 photos in the pumpkin patch... and finally... FINALLY... allow Anna to choose her favorite pumpkin... go home.


That is pretty much how it went this year with a few exceptions...

#1 - We didn't go shopping in the store this year, because...


#2 - We took ABBY for her first visit to Bates Nut Farm!!! She TOTALLY LOVED IT! In Abby's canine mind... "smells... smells... run over here... oh, there is a friend... COME ON, DAD, I must sniff that butt... saying hello, meeting a friend, and smelling a butt... oh... what is THAT?... another new smell... and another friend with another butt... smell, butt... smell, butt... OH, the wonderful new friends that I've met... and FREEZE (scary new friend barking at me)... onto a new smell... and, OH... another butt..." Let's just say that she PASSED OUT for hours after we got home!!!


#3 - Anna and I met a "stalker!" We were waiting to feed the animals (Jeff was buying the corn), when a lady looked at me and said, "You look so familiar. And your daughter looks familiar, too!" I was thinking that she recognized us from school, but funny, I didn't recognize her. She continued..."Oh, my gosh! I READ YOUR BLOG! Are you Tracey... your blog is "Wooooo Hooooo!?" We started chatting... she was so sweet! She is from Poway (if I remember correctly) and she reads her favorite blogs during her lunch break at work. At one point, Anna grabbed me and whispered in my ear, "Mommy! You are FAMOUS!" Anna cracks me up!!! So... if our new cyber friend is out there, please be sure to comment on this post!!!

Time to get to the next Project 365 catch up post... next, we are heading to the football stadium...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha..lol!! Yep, you got it right, its little ole me from Poway! Sorry didn't visit you sooner...we had a great time at the Pumpkin Patch that day, it's our family tradition too! Your daughter is so cute. My husband was asking if it was someone from my daughters school too.