Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Project 365 - Our 3rd Annual (and last) OGHS Team Dinner

The annual sunset team photo... with the Del Norte tombstone, of course!
Let me just tell you how much we enjoy hosting one of the Varsity Football Team dinners each year.  We have been fortunate that Chris started on Varsity as a Sophmore, so we have had 3 AWESOME years to feed the team.  We have always hosted the dinner right before Halloween (because we go all out with the decorations), and I have always made my (traditional Halloween dinner) homemade chili for the boys.   

We were SOOOOOOOO honored that Principal Allison, VP Alan Williams and VP Julius Lockett joined AD Jason Patterson and the coaching staff at our dinner this year!
This year, I cooked for 2 days and made 61 POUNDS of homemade chili!!!  The MENU:  Chili served in sourdough bread bowls, Caeser Salad, HUGE baked potatos with ALL the fixings and cake for dessert.

Prince (one of my favorite guys) and Chris LOVING the dinner!
A cool side story... as I was leaving the grocery store with the bread bowls the morning of the dinner, I was stopped by an alumni football player who said, "Mrs. Locher, are you hosting the "Chili Dinner" for the team tonight?"  I didn't remember the player, but he sure remembered (and gushed) over the dinner.  Moments like that make it ALL worth it!!!

These guys knew to show up early... among my favorites (sorry, but after all these years, I do have favorites, #50 Eddie Pietrenka... what a GREAT kid!)
It was a wonderful night with a team of boys that I would host ANYTIME... so respectful... so down to earth... our OGHS VARSITY FOOTBALL TEAM!!!

No comments: