Wednesday, May 21, 2008

8 Days and Counting...

Although we start planning Grad Nite in October, it is always the last month when things get CRAZY busy!!! As the Chair of the Grad Nite Committee, I have been working NON-STOP on the big event for weeks now... handling details all day... construction/painting all weekend... LOTS to do! I think it has been about a month since I even scrapped!!! CRAZINESS, I tell you... CRAZINESS!

So, one of my BEST girlfriends (and the Mom of the adorable Baby Robbie and Catalina) came back yesterday to spend another 6 hours in the sun and finish the 5 "Ireland" panels for one of the Grad Nite booths. All I had to do was watch the 3 kids and keep everyone fed... no problem. Robbie had a great time creating his own "chalk art" and/or tormenting the girls... Anna and Catalina moved all of their favorite dolls out to the playhouse and had a great time playing "house." THANK YOU, PENNY!!! The Ireland panels are AWESOME!!!

So, swim season ended less than a week ago when Chris and 3 of his teammates competed in CIF... and tonight was the Spring Football Game! Seriously, Chris has not had a day off of practice for some sport since the start of last summer... and he LOVES it that way! The Spring Game is more of an exhibition than a game... the boys for next year's JV and Varsity teams are moved up and run plays for the crowd... it is a fundraiser to get money in the account as the season starts... and a fun night to see everyone just before graduation.

I can't believe this year is already over... Jessica graduates in 8 days and Chris will be a Sophmore. I also can't believe we only have 8 days until Grad Nite... 3 days until set up starts! I better get back to work! Thanks for checking in and have a WOO HOO kinda day!

No comments: