Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The NEWEST MEMBER of the Locher Family...

Jessica and Miss Abby "Lane" Locher

(KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK... COSMO CRICKET... ARE YOU OUT THERE!? IF YES, MY AUDITION IS THE POST BELOW THIS ONE... AND IT IS CHIRPING... (chirp... chirp...)... now back to our regularly scheduled post...

We are dog people. We have ALWAYS been dog people. We have wanted to have a family dog since we were married, but the time was never right... AND... Jeff wanted a BIG dog (yellow or chocolate Lab) and I wanted a little mutt... so time passed and we never got a dog...

... and then I got an email from my sister about puppies and I saw the picture... and I fell in LOVE! A few hours later, I shared the info with Jeff and he said "YES!" We got a call yesterday morning from the "puppy Mommy" to come see the puppies, so we grabbed the kids (without telling them what was going on), threw on some clothes and drove up to San Clemente and picked up the newest member of the Locher family... 9 week Miss Abby "Lane" Locher! We don't know what kind of dog she is... we have heard a bit of Lab, Hound, Pointer... we don't know, but she is ADORABLE! Very sweet personality... SUCH the lover... what a DOLL!
Right after we picked her up, we took the family (and Nicola, Chris' girlfriend) out to lunch at our favorite, "Jon's Fish Market" in Dana Point... and YES... I subjected poor Abby to her first photo shoot... COME ON, NOW... several of you have already been complaining that I didn't have pictures up last night... :-) The pictures here are of Anna, Jeff, Jessica and Abby...
CUTEST STORY SO FAR... Abby has been sleeping in a crate at night, so we rushed out and bought one for her. She had no problem getting into it, but started crying when we closed the door, dimmed the light, and left the room. So Jeff, Anna and I sat and cuddled and played with her in the crate for about an hour trying to get her to sleep. Finally, Anna started singing her a "Good Night" song and within 10 seconds, Miss Abby was sound asleep!!! (Ahhhhhh!) :-)
Have a GREAT week! I know we will!!! (CHIRP!)

8 comments:

Alycia Sanders said...

Awwww, what a sweet face!

Heidi E. said...

So very cute.. Congrats...

Anonymous said...

Aint love grand?

And We Sailed On said...

Very cute! You inspire me, I LOVE your cosmo layouts. You are amazing!
Emily

Unknown said...

Oh, that baby is the cutest!!! I love your CC entry...good luck to you!

Linda Beeson said...

Oh no! That little guy would have my heart instantly too.

Eileen said...

What a great name for that adorable pooch! Love it!

Pamela Ann said...

Love that cute pup!