Saturday, December 5, 2009

Scrapping for Ever After (my LSS!)


I have been BUSY with the season, holiday plans, and scrapping!  Earlier this week, I was comissioned to create a custom piece for a funeral... I will have pics of that in a few days.  I am also working on my Design Team assignments for Ever After, my local scrapbook store.  As a designer, I am sometimes asked to use paper and/or products that I wouldn't chose for myself, but I still have to find a way to make them my own.  These layouts are two examples of that.  These lines by Creative Imagination and Teresa Collins are not exactly my style, but once I started playing with them, the final layouts were very much ME!  (And can you believe it... not a SINGLE flower!!!) :-)

The "Cheer Mates" layout is the Teresa Collins line... lots of fun papers and quotes.  I love the clock transparency and I used lots of layers (with chipboard and pop dots) to elevate some of the embellishments... helping the layout have movement and not just look "busy." 

The "OGHS Football" layout was created with the "Extreme Sports" line by Creative Imagainations.  I used part of the swirls from the "Football" paper to cut out stars for the left of the layout.  I backed all the stars with chipboard for extra stability.  The red stars were crumpled and then sprayed with Glimmer Mist.  The stars were then layered using pop dots and 3-D foam squares.  The epoxy is part of the CI line and the "OGHS" letters are new "Letterman Thickers."

Thanks for looking and have a GREAT weekend!!!

3 comments:

Jill Oriente said...

I love what you dis with the TC line... I have some of these because I love the look, but have a hard time using them!

Laurajean said...

Both layouts are gorgeous, and I'm shocked...NO flowers, were ya sick(lol)...FAbulous work girl :)

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

love, love, love these pages. Especially the football page!! LOL HUGE fans here as well as players.