Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Beautiful Day to Homeschool at the Beach!

We have been having a heat wave here in Southern California for the past few days... over 100 degrees here in town! So Penny and I decided that it was time to dust off the beach chairs and umbrella and take the kids to the beach for the first time this year! It couldn't have been more PERFECT! There were only about 10 families on the whole beach... several with kids our age, so they all started playing and digging together. There was a slight breeze... the sound of the waves breaking on the sand... beautiful blue water stretching as far as the eye could see... giggles from both the kids and the parents... a pod of dolphins swimming back and forth in front of us... flocks of HUGE pelicans flying and diving into the water... Anna crushing on a cute little 5-year-old named AJ... :-)... such a great day! We decided to do a bit of schooling at the beach, so we taught the kids a few new words and used our fingers in the sand to write our letters. We had also planned a math lesson and science lesson, but, I was stung by a bee (yes, I am very allergic), so we had to pack up real quick and get home. It was still a GREAT day!
One last thing... my sweet husband brought home a dozen red roses last night... to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of our FIRST DATE! I can't believe we have been together for 10 years!!! And what a fun night that was... a 3-hour-beer at the El Torito Grill (we just kept talking and talking and didn't realize what time it was)... then off to see the movie "Ed TV"... we were the only 2 people in the entire theater... he held my hand... I was SOOOOOOO attracted to him... he walked me to my car... I didn't know if he would kiss me and I was very nervous because it had been a VERY LONG TIME since I had a first kiss... he came closer and gave me a very warm... hug... that still makes me smile... I remember sitting there in my car, my hands shaking, because I just knew that I was going to marry that man! It was like a bolt of lightening... I just KNEW. And 2 years and 3 months to the day later, we did just that... I LOVE YOU, JEFF!

No comments: