Friday, April 4, 2008

Design Team work...



There are several reasons that I enjoy being on Design Teams... making new friends, the feeling of "Woo Hoo" for making it through the audition process and being added to the team, the "perks" :-)... but one of the things I like the best is working with product that I would probably never buy myself, and making it work in my style anyway. I just created these two layouts for the American Crafts manufacturer kit given to me by Crop Addict. These are papers that I don't think I would walk into a store and buy, but once I worked with them, I absolutely LOVED the results!!!

On the "Anna as Mariposa" layout, I added Stickles to the back of the Heidi Swapp Ghost Butterflies and I cut some of the purple letters to create the "body" of the butterfly. I also used my exacto knife to cut slits in the layout to "tuck" the smaller pictures into the layout.

I am still giggling to myself about my first attempt at sewing on a layout. I just LOVE the way the "Best Friends" layout turned out!!!

Now, off to finish my prep responsibilities for the OGHS Dick Disney Athletics Auction... then set up starts in a few hours... and the event tomorrow night... GO OG!!! :-)

1 comment:

Laurajean said...

Both layouts are AWESOME, Tracey..especially the one of Anna, too darn cute :o) Very different paper and I can't say that I would have bought it either, but this is an aWESOME layout...WOOHOO!!!!
TFS, laura